If Rome isn’t on your bucket list, then maybe this post will change your mind!
Rome (the “Eternal City”) is over 3,000 years old. It is rich in history, delicious food and the people are fascinating. There really is no place like Rome! Here are 10 of my favorite photos from our trip that will make you want to hop on a plane and visit this ancient city.
1. People watch from the top of the Colosseum built in 70 A.D.
2. Watch a sunset in the ancient Roman Forum
3. Hang out with the locals (and tourists) on the famous Spanish Steps
4. Snap a photo of the Tiber River, the third-longest river in Italy
5. Easy access for a Vatican Museum visit
6. Visit the captivating Pantheon with its massive columns and oculus
7. Go window shopping for Italian made goodies
8. Put the Mouth of Truth to a test – will you dare tell a lie?
9. Take a “passeggiata” (leisurely walk) in one of Rome’s neighborhoods like Trastevere
10. Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain to ensure a return to Rome (so the legend goes)
I could post 100 of my favorite photos for why you should visit Rome but it’s so much better in person! Buon viaggio!